(Thank you for visiting)
Links to Stories
- A Happy Episode of My Life
- A Pink Dream
- A Movie Ticket
- 粉红色的梦A Pink Dream written in Chinese
- Being Laid Off
- Five Ladies of GVSU
- My First Vacation in America
- My Grandfather's Art Pieces
- Reminiscences on Moon Cake Festival
- This is My Mother
- Yunnan- a web project for a class
- Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Grand Rapids Weather
- Cornerstone University
- English-Chinese Dictionary
- Temperature Conversion
- News From China
- International Currency Converter
Hello, welcome to my homepage. I am from Kunming, a city famous for its year round spring like weather, in Yunnan Province, China. I came to America in 1996 for graduate study at Grand Valley State University in Michigan. I live in Grand Rapids, and currently work in Cornerstone University, Grand Rapids, Michigan as an Database Administrator - System Analyst.
One of my hobbies is writing stories. From time to time I will post new stories to this site.
I love to write just like I love computer technology. I used to write stories and essays for the local newspapers and magazines in my home country. I wrote a tourism book published in Kunming, China in 1996. A personís life is like a play full of dramatic events. I have written down some of them that might have occurred in and around my life with added literary flavor. I hope you, my friends, while we probably never meet enjoy them and learn something about my country and its people.
- A few selected stories, some of them are chosen from essays I wrote for my ESL class and English writing class when I was a student in GVSU and Davenport University.
- Being Laid off is kind of the experience many people don't want to have. Once it happens, we all have to learn how to deal with it.
- A Pink Dream was just a dream or not. What is the dream comes to be true in a way you don't expect. Does it count the dream comes true?
- Reminiscences On Moon Cake Festival, a story of my childhood during the Cultural Revolution in China.
- This is My Mother tells a mother's common story that impacts daughters' life for a long, long time.
- A Movie Ticket can mean a lot for some people, really? What's a big deal? This story tells all.
- A Happy Episode In My Life is about food culture and friendship happened when I was a teenager.
- My Grandfather 高荫槐 and His Collection gives you a idea place to go If you are interested in Chinese art works and history.
Copyright © 1999 Jade Yuxuan Gao